Terms and Conditions for Enabling Arab Bank for Investment and Foreign Trade Cards on Third Party Wallets
- Card means an AL MASRAF credit, covered, debit or prepaid card issued by Al Masraf to the Customer which is not expired, blocked, suspended or cancelled.
- Customer to you means Al Masraf account holder (whether corporate account holder and its Authorized Signatory/Attorney and the customer/card holder ; or Retail account holder) of the account related to the AL MASRAF Card or the Card Account holder of the Card issued by Al Masraf
- Device includes but is not limited to a smartphone, tablet or smart watch or any other device which is compatible for use of the Wallet solution which AL MASRAF determines is eligible for the registration of AL MASRAF Cards to be used in the Wallet.
- Wallet means the mobile payment and digital wallet service created by the third party Wallet Providers that enables the users to make payments using certain Devices and Cards registered on such Devices.
- Passcode means the secret code that is required to unlock a Device, including a password, passcode, pattern or biometric identifier (where applicable).
- You are responsible for maintaining the physical security of the Device and the confidentiality of the Device lock, PIN, Passcode, and other means to access the Wallet, Card credentials, or any other personal and payment information on or for the Device. On sharing the Device and/or means of access to the Device with any person, that person may be able to use the Cards and access the personal and payment information available in the Wallet. You are required to keep the Device and the credentials secure in the same manner as he /she would keep secure cash, cheques, debit or credit cards, and other personal identification numbers and passwords.
- The terms and account agreement that govern your Card do not change when you add your Card to the Wallet. The Wallet simply provides another way for you to make purchases with the Card. Any applicable interest, fees, and charges that apply to your Card will also apply when you use the Wallet to access your Card. The Wallet provider and other third parties such as wireless companies or data service providers may levy charges as specified by them.
Adding and removing an Al Masraf Card
You can add your Al Masraf Cards to the Wallet by following the instructions of the Wallet provider. Only Al Masraf Cards that we indicate are eligible can be added to the Wallet. If your Card or underlying account is not in good standing, that Card will not be eligible to enroll in the Wallet. When you add a Card to the Wallet, the Wallet allows you to use the Card to make transactions where the Wallet is accepted. The Wallet may not be accepted at all places where your Card is accepted.
You should contact the Wallet provider on how to remove your Card from the Wallet. We can also block your Card in the Wallet at any time.
Privacy, Security and your liability
- We shall not be liable for any loss which you suffer by using the Wallet unless it is directly caused by us gross negligence and/or willful misconduct.
- In case of breach of confidentiality of the Device or Passcode, you, as the authorized signatory/attorney and the customer/card holder shall be jointly and personally liable responsible for and bear all charges, costs, losses, and damages whatsoever and howsoever arising from such breach. In the event you disclose the Passcode intentionally or unintentionally, you, as the authorized signatory/attorney and the customer/card holder shall indemnify us against any unauthorized payment, charges, costs or losses and any transaction effected due to such breach.
- You as the authorized signatory/attorney and the customer/card holder shall be jointly and personally shall immediately notify us if the Passcode is breached or is disclosed to another person or entity. You should request us to block the Card due to such disclosure or breach and you as the authorized signatory/attorney and the customer/card holder shall be jointly and personally shall indemnify us for any loss, damage, charge or expense caused to us due to such breach.
- In the event of fraud, loss or theft of the Device, you are obliged to immediately report such loss to us, in addition to other parties such as the telecom provider etc. Based on such reporting, we will arrange to block all Wallet transactions for all Cards. You can continue to use the physical Card plastic for all such enrolled cards. You hereby indemnify us against any claims, costs, charges or losses made in respect of any transactions effected using the Customer Device prior to the Customer notifying Al Masraf of the fraud, loss or theft or requesting Al Masraf to block the card.
- When adding your Card to the Wallet, we collect certain information from you to verify your identity, in order to enable you to use the Card and facilitate participation with the Wallet.
- We shall also request certain account information relating to each Card you select to use with the Wallet, including the most recent transaction data, but not the full Card account number. You agree that we may also periodically collect and use technical data and related information, including, but not limited to, technical information about your Device to facilitate updates our services. We may use this information to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you.
- You may receive push notifications from the Wallet reflecting the Card account activity. If you do not wish to receive push notifications, they may be turned off within the Device notifications or the Wallet app settings.
- If you have any questions, disputes, or complaints about the Wallet, contact the Wallet provider using the information given to you by the provider. If your question, dispute, or complaint is about your Card, then call us immediately using the number on the back of the Card.
- You must cooperate with Al Masraf in any and all investigations and use any fraud prevention or other related measures which we prescribe.
- You are solely and fully responsible for protecting your cards, wallet transactions and any other information on your device in case you lose or sell the device to any other 3rd Party or person
Suspension, changes termination
Al Masraf’s Liability
Al Masraf is not the provider of the Wallet, and we are not responsible for providing the Wallet service to you. We are only responsible for supplying information securely to the Wallet provider to allow usage of the Card in the Wallet. We are not responsible for any failure of the Wallet or the inability to use the Wallet for any transaction. We are not responsible for the performance or non-performance of the Wallet provider or any other third parties regarding any agreement you enter into with the Wallet provider or associated third party relationships that may impact your use of the Wallet.
You consent to receive electronic communications and disclosures from us in connection with your Card and the Wallet. You agree that we can contact you by email or SMS at any email address or mobile number you provide to us in connection with any account. It may include contact from companies working on our behalf to service your accounts. You agree to update your contact information with us when it changes.
Third party agreements and support
It is your responsibility to read and understand any third party agreements before adding or using the Card through the Wallet.
We are not responsible for, and do not provide, any support or assistance for any third party hardware, software or other products or services If there are any issues or questions with a third party product or service, including issues pertaining to the operation of the Device, please contact the appropriate third party in accordance with that third party’s procedures for customer support and assistance.
You shall not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense any right to use any Card credentials in the Wallet.
You hereby agree that the virtual representation of the Card in the Wallet or its credentials may be automatically updated or upgraded without notice to you. We may at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, expand, reduce or suspend the Card or any currency of transactions allowed using the Card with the Wallet.