- On 17/08/2016
Card Fraud Protection
- Take the time to shop for that new mobile device, buy that new suit or purchase that widescreen television, and pay with confidence knowing you are protected when you use an Al Masraf MasterCard Platinum card. For details, please visit www.almasraf.ae
- Lost Card
If the credit card is lost, or is the object of a theft, customers will be reimbursed for unauthorized charges on the payment card, up to 24 hours prior to first reporting of the event.
- Card Not Lost
If the credit card is still in possession and unauthorized charges are made on the card through in-store, telephone, ATM withdrawals, and/or
On-line purchase(s) using the credit card information, the customer will be reimbursed for the unauthorized charges, which are incurred up to two (2) months prior to the first reporting of the event.
|Per 12 month period|
- When shopping for a new computer, buying a new appliance or purchasing a smart phone, cardholders can pay with confidence knowing that most purchases they make with their Al Masraf MasterCard Platinum Card may be protected in case of theft or accidental damage.
- With MasterCard, cardholders will be insured for loss of a covered purchase due to accidental damage or theft occurring within ninety days from the date of purchase as indicated on the store receipt.
|Per 12 month period|
Cardholder Emergency Services
Emergency Card Replacement
- This service provides global emergency services to Al Masraf MasterCard Platinum Cardholders around the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- You’ll have access to an international network of telephone numbers to put you straight through to emergency services.
- As an Al Masraf MasterCard Platinum Cardholder, you can expect a replacement card anywhere in the world. We’re here to take the hassle and stress out of a situation like a lost or stolen card, so that you can get on with your life.
- Customer Service Associates will be able to assist in many bilingual languages. Further, they will also have immediate access to an international translation service if they cannot speak your language.
- For a list of Toll-Free emergency telephone numbers, for MasterCard Platinum customers, please visit www.mastercard.com
Emergency Cash Advances
- Our 24 hour emergency cash disbursement service enables you to access cash in emergencies.
- Offering real peace of mind, this service is available worldwide.
- The service is easily accessible at any time of day and from anywhere in the world, through our International network of Toll-Free telephone numbers that put you straight through to emergency services. For a list of Toll-Free emergency telephone numbers, for MasterCard Platinum customers, please visit www.mastercard.com All Customer Service Associates will also have immediate access to an international translation service if they cannot speak your language.
- Emergency cash disbursements will usually be sent out for Platinum Cardholders travelling internationally.
Global lost and stolen card reporting service
- The second you report the theft or loss of your Platinum Credit Card, we’ll block the account. All we need is your card number and you can be certain there will be no further transactions on your Card. As always, we’re here to take the headache out of any unexpected circumstances.
- Report it and we’ll deal with it. Lost and stolen card reporting is one of the 24 hour emergency services provided by MasterCard Call Centre Service. An international network of Toll-Free telephone numbers will put you through to an experienced Customer Service Associate who will be able to assist in multiple different languages. All Customer Service Associates will also have immediate to an international translation service if they cannot speak your language.
For a list of Toll-Free emergency telephone numbers, for MasterCard Platinum customers, please visit www.mastercard.com
Added Security for Internet Shopping
- Shop safely and securely with your Platinum Credit Card. MasterCard Secure Code (SC) are services offered by Al Masraf along with MasterCard to help ensure that purchases on the Internet using your Al Masraf Credit Card (at participating online merchants) are completely secure.
- This service is offered to you absolutely free of charge. ‘This feature will be added shortly’
Powered by Chip & Pin security
- Your Masraf Chip and PIN card provides an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN). The embedded computer chip stores information in a secure, encrypted format, making it more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access the information on the Card.
- You will be required to enter your PIN when you make a transaction at a chip terminal (and no signature will be required), helping protect the Card from unauthorized use. Chip/PIN is part of a worldwide transition in most countries from magnetic stripe payment cards.
- Your PIN is the key to using your new Card. It will become extremely important to remember your PIN, as more and more merchants begin to replace their magnetic stripe point-of-sale terminals with terminals enabled to process Chip & PIN cards – and to keep your PIN secure and safe just like you do your Card!