- On 15/08/2016
Damaged Goods Protected
Protect against damages of your purchases when you’re shopping for a new computer, buying a new appliance or purchasing a smart phone, you can pay with confidence knowing that most purchases you make with your World MasterCard may be protected in case of theft or accidental damage. With World MasterCard, you will be insured for loss of a covered purchase due to accidental damage or theft occurring within ninety days from the date of purchase as indicated on the store receipt.
- Up to USD 3,000 per claim and maximum of USD 20,000 over a 12 month period
- Covered purchases given as gifts are covered
- Covered purchases include internet purchases
- Covered purchases do not have to be registered
- Covered purchases include purchases from overseas
Terms & Conditions apply
Protect your purchases with complimentary extended warranty
- You can protect your purchases large and small and save money from paying for extra warranties when you shop.
- World MasterCard cardholders have a card that provides additional warranty coverage, which may save you from having to buy more coverage or pay for repair costs for mobile phones, televisions, home appliances, tools, and more.
- The Extended Warranty benefit doubles the original manufacturers or store-brand warranty for up to 12 months. It is yours for no additional cost, and there is no need to register your purchases.
World MasterCard cardholders can get their eligible purchases repaired or replaced for up to USD 500 per claim and a maximum of USD 2,000 over a 12 month period of insurance.
- Covers purchases given as gifts are covered
- Covers purchases including Internet purchases
- Benefits are provided for the costs to repair, replace, or provide reimbursement for the item if it cannot be repaired or replaced
Travel Inconvenience & Cancellation Insurance
Protect yourself and your travel plans
- There’s nothing worse than missing your flight or losing your luggage during your travels, but with World MasterCard you can count on prompt and generous compensation to help you through a tight spot.
- If a trip is unexpectedly canceled or delayed, World MasterCard cardholders have the added peace of mind that their travel and accommodation expenses will be covered if a trip is unexpectedly delayed or canceled for trips that are paid in advance with their card.
World MasterCard provides coverage for lost luggage and delays, trip delays, trip cancellations, misconnections, and more:
- Loss of baggage up to USD 3,000
- Delay of baggage up to USD 450
- Trip cancellation up to USD 7,500
- Trip curtailment up to USD 7,500
- Trip delays more than 6 hours up to USD 100 per hour up to USD 900
- Missed connection up to USD 650
- Assistance services for emergency accommodation and travel arrangements
Travel Accident & Medical Insurance
Take care of you and your family on the road
- Getting sick or injured while you are travelling or having to find a doctor in an unfamiliar city can be daunting and stressful.
- With World MasterCard you can count on us to help you and your family find the best medical care easily and quickly while you are on the road anywhere in the world
- We’ll help you find a hospital or doctor near you and get you the medical attention you need. For greater peace of mind when you are traveling, World MasterCard offers you enhanced protection options to ensure that your health and safety needs are promptly and efficiently met.
- Personal Accident Insurance up to USD 1 Million
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & Repatriation up to USD 2 Million
- Medical Emergency Expenses up to USD 1 Million
- Hospital daily indemnity up to USD 100 per day
Card Fraud Protection
Your card and account are protected
- Take the time to shop for that new mobile device, buy that new suit or purchase that widescreen television, and pay with confidence knowing you are protected when you use your World MasterCard.
- If you find any unauthorized charges on your World MasterCard, you’ll be reimbursed for them quickly. World MasterCard cardholders can get reimbursed up to USD 2,000 per claim and a maximum of USD 4,000 over a 12-month period for unauthorized charges on your Lost or Stolen World MasterCard, which the cardholder is responsible up to 24 hours prior to the event first being reported to the bank.
Additionally, when a World MasterCard is in the cardholder’s possession, cardholders can get reimbursed up to USD 2,000 per claim and a maximum of USD 4,000 over a 12-month period for unauthorized charges made on a credit account through:
- ATM withdrawals
- on-line purchases
using the cardholder’s payment card information, for which the cardholder is responsible up to two months prior to the cardholder first reporting the event to the bank.
Cardholder Emergency Services
Global Emergency Card Replacement
- This service provides global emergency services to Al Masraf MasterCard World Cardholders around the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- You’ll have access to an international network of telephone numbers to put you straight through to emergency services.
- As an Al Masraf World MasterCard Cardholder, you can expect a replacement card anywhere in the world. We’re here to take the hassle and stress out of a situation like a lost or stolen card, so that you can get on with your life.
- Customer Service Associates will be able to assist in many bilingual languages. Further, they will also have immediate access to an international translation service if they cannot speak your language.
- For a list of Toll-Free emergency telephone numbers, for MasterCard World customers, please visit www.mastercard.com
Global Emergency Cash Advances
- Our 24 hour emergency cash disbursement service enables you to access cash in emergencies.
- Offering real peace of mind, this service is available worldwide.
- The service is easily accessible at any time of day and from anywhere in the world, through our International network of Toll-Free telephone numbers that put you straight through to emergency services. For a list of Toll-Free emergency telephone numbers, for MasterCard World customers, please visit www.mastercard.com All Customer Service Associates will also have immediate access to an international translation service if they cannot speak your language.
- Emergency cash disbursements will usually be sent out for World Cardholders travelling internationally.
Global lost and stolen card reporting service
- The second you report the theft or loss of your World Credit Card, we’ll block the account. All we need is your card number and you can be certain there will be no further transactions on your Card. As always, we’re here to take the headache out of any unexpected circumstances.
- Report it and we’ll deal with it. Lost and stolen card reporting is one of the 24 hour emergency services provided by MasterCard Call Centre Service. An international network of Toll-Free telephone numbers will put you through to an experienced Customer Service Associate who will be able to assist in multiple different languages. All Customer Service Associates will also have immediate to an international translation service if they cannot speak your language.
For a list of Toll-Free emergency telephone numbers, for MasterCard World customers, please visit www.mastercard.com
Powered by Chip & Pin security
- Your Al Masraf Chip and PIN card provides an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- The embedded computer chip stores information in a secure, encrypted format, making it more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access the information on the Card.
- You will be required to enter your PIN when you make a transaction at a chip terminal (and no signature will be required), helping protect the Card from unauthorized use. Chip/PIN is part of a worldwide transition in most countries from magnetic stripe payment cards.
- Your PIN is the key to using your new Card. It will become extremely important to remember your PIN, as more and more merchants begin to replace their magnetic stripe point-of-sale terminals with terminals enabled to process Chip & PIN cards – and to keep your PIN secure and safe just like you do your Card!